Meet the Board
The PTO Board is made of volunteer parents who have been nominated and voted into office. Each year, every Board position is vacated and a new Board election takes place (April). The Board nomination forms are made available to all PTO members (Patterson parents and teachers) in February/March. We encourage all parents who would like to get more involved at Patterson to consider running for a Board position!
Your 2018-2019 Patterson PTO Board
Jennifer Dahl, President
Kristi Moss, Vice President
Christine Scanlon, Treasurer
Tara Dham, Secretary
Teresa Hawsey, Staff Appreciation Coordinator
Alisa Decker, Bulletin Board Coordinator
Patterson PTO operates on an annual budget built upon donations, sponsorships, and fundraising efforts.
We raise funds for Patterson to make up for any CUSD budget deficit or for items that the CUSD budget are not allocated for. At the beginning of each school year, we survey the Patterson teachers and staff members to find out what the school could truly benefit from.
The main fundraising for the 2018-2019 school year is our Progress for Patterson campaign, a direction donation drive that allows for 100% of all tax-deductible donations to stay at Patterson! Look for more information about #P4P in February.
PTO is proud to have put 30% of our budget directly back into the classrooms in the 2017-2018 school year!
2016-2017 Budget Snapshot
The above totals are rounded to the nearest $1,000.
Patterson PTO Purchases
Since it's inception, Patterson PTO has provided our school with items such as:
- Campus security radios for all teachers and staff members
- Steel drum sets and stands
- Playground equipment
- Shade structures
- Accelerated Reader Program annual licensing
- School wide reading awards
- Computer Lab on Wheels (30 Laptops)
- Multiple library wall murals
- School STEM Library items
- New library collaboration tables
- Music class recorders
- Wall mats in the multi-purpose room
- I-pad lab
- 60 iPads
- Computer lab desks and chairs
- Outdoor port-a-coolers
- Outdoor classroom concrete and picnic tables
- Science Fair boards and events
- Art Masterpiece supplies and materials
- Staff appreciation events and meals
- Classroom literature sets
- Field day t-shirts
- Library funds
- Kindergarten classroom rugs
- Classroom shelving and book displays
- Music class recorders for individual student use
- Student Ambassador vests
- Time for Kids and other supplemental classroom periodical subscriptions
- Responder sets
- Mailboxes and supplies for the Patterson Post Office
- Front office welcome mats
We Are a Non-Profit
Patterson PTO is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization that supports Patterson Elementary School. We operate under the Chandler School Boosters (CSB), who manages all of the CUSD PTO and Booster organizations.
The PTO raises funds to not only purchase items needed by Patterson, but also provide enrichment opportunities for students and allow for family fun events!
We are ran purely by the power of volunteers. All Patterson parents and teachers are encouraged to get involved in the multitude of opportunities that are available throughout the year.
Patterson PTO Events
Patterson PTO has lots of fun planning and sponsoring school wide events! Events that are hosted and/or funded by Patterson PTO include:
- Veterans Day Program
- Science Fair and Stargazing Night
- Spring Movie Night
- Patterson Field Day
- Pastries with Parents
- Boo Hoo-Yahoo Breakfast
- Back to School Bingo
- Author Visits
- Fall Festival
- Kids Korner Holiday Shoppe
- Kindergarten Celebration
- 6th Grade BBQ
- 6th Grade Clap-Out
- End of Year Party